Being a parent of a young family I rarely have time to exercise - that's my excuse anyway. So when a friend of mine invited me to take part in the Jurassic Coast Ultra Challenge this May, I felt this was the mission I needed - 100 kilometres in under 20 hours - that's the equivalent of walking from Oxford to London, in one day!
Donate £10 for your chance to win a Marloe watch of your choice, please see below.
But if I needed any motivation, I have it in bucketloads as our team will be raising money on behalf of Parkinson's UK. Every hour, someone in the UK is told they have Parkinson's - a brain condition that can turn lives upside down and leave a future of uncertainty. The mother of our team leader, John, was diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years ago and we've witnessed the impact it has on someone's life. Parkinson's never gives a person a day's rest and continuously reminds them that life will never be the same. We're very hopeful that our small contribution will, one day, help Parkinson's UK find a cure.
Our challenge starts at Corfe Castle, and from there it’s across the ‘Isle of Purbeck’ to Swanage, along the coast, and then looping back towards Corfe Castle and the 25km mark. We then head west along the Purbeck Ridge to Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door en route to Weymouth, where we'll hit 58km - stopping for some food and maybe even a little foot massage! It’s then on to the far end of Chesil Beach and, in-turn, West Bay, with its famous sandstone cliffs, before finally reaching the finish line in Bridport where a big celebration and a bed await!
WIN A MARLOE WATCH
And this is where you come in. For your chance to win a Marloe watch of your choice, all you have to do is visit our sponsorship page and donate £10 or more (each multiple of £10 will be classed as an additional entry) - we will then draw a winner at random, once we've recovered, and they will be able to choose one of our watches as their prize. Please include 'MWC' in either your name or message so we can identify your donation. At time of writing we've already raised over £2,500, but our target is £4,000, and you can help us get there.
We'll also be live streaming during the event and announcing a few special offers whilst we're en route, so keep an eye out for posts on May 13th and 14th.
Terms & Conditions
- Competition open to anyone aged 16 and over, excluding employees and relatives of employees of Marloe Watch Company.
- By entering this competition it does not automatically subscribe you to the mailing list.
- Competition closes at 23:59 GMT Wednesday 17th May 2023.
- There is one (1) prize available - a watch of the winner's choice.
- Every multiple of £10 will be classed as an additional entry.
- The winner will be selected at random.
- The winner will be contacted by email.
- The winner will be announced once the prize have been claimed.
- The winner will have 7 days to claim their prize - if the prize remains unclaimed after 7 days, another winner will be selected.
- This competition is in no way associated with Parkinson's UK.
- The promoter is Marloe Watch Company, part of FG Watch Group Ltd.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this competition until a winner is announced.
- We reserve the right to use any content from entries for promotional reasons following the conclusion of the competition.
- By participating in this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.